What’s so special about this resource?
Many learners find studying Shakespeare tough and this comprehensive resource has been written with this reality in mind. It not only features a guide to Shakespearean language; the text of the play has also been annotated to help learners grasp its meaning as well.
Arming you with everything you need to prepare your Grade 10 and 11 students for Grade 12 Shakespeare, this comprehensive, 240 page guide provides historical background and insights, stimulating visuals and illustrations as well as extensive references and comparisons to contemporary South Africa and South African politics.
It features an extensive introduction to Shakespeare and the Elizabethan era; a guide to Shakespearean language; accessible summaries and analyses of the entire play; numerous contextual questions for each section, together with a rigorously annotated edition of the play.
Divided into accessible, digestible sections, the content is fresh and engaging, including, for example, numerous quirky and interesting fun facts. Act-based learning has also been incorporated to ensure learners build a solid foundation of knowledge by methodically working through the play act-by-act.
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- full text of the play (rigorously annotated)
- extensive introduction to Shakespeare and the Elizabethan era
- guide to Shakespearean language
- detailed literary background
- accessible summaries
- rich literary analyses
- comprehensive essay section, including guidelines and annotated examples
- diverse content-related questions (short, contextual and essay questions)
- challenging enrichment tasks
- companion suggested answers CD*
* CD sold separately